Friday

11 Things about Me

Ok, Sujana tagged me in one of her blog posts.  You can find her post here: http://dreamingindecember.blogspot.com/2012/02/tagged-im-exhausted-after-finishing.html.

According to the rules, I am supposed to posit 11 random things about myself; answer the 11 questions that Sujana posed at the end of her post; and at the same time tag 11 other bloggers and ask them to answer 11 different questions (which I have created).  The official rules are below.

Rule#1: Put the rules on your blog.

Rule#2: Every person tagged should tell 11 things about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the one that tagged you, tag 11 other people and ask them 11 different questions.

Rule#3: Let the people whom you tagged know you've done so.

Rule#4: Don't tag anyone who's been tagged before.

Rule#5: Really do tag 11 others, don't go all ''if you want to take this tag''

Ok, well, considering the fact that a) I currently only have 30-37 followers and b) most of you have already been tagged at one point or another. I will edit rule # 5 a bit. ;-)

Revised Rule #5: If you want to be tagged (and have not already been tagged), put a note in the comments section stating "Tag me :-), " I will then edit my blog post to include you among the tagged.  When I receive the first "Tag me :-)" comment, I will create 11 questions for you and all future tagged individuals.  I will also include your name/pseudonym and link to your blog in the body of this post.

Hmm, now that I have bent the rule a bit to better suit me (hah aha), I can move on to the next step...so, without further ado, here are 11 random things about me.  I have even added in some totally random color schemes to add some authenticity. :-)

Random Things About Me (or that I did/do)

Randomness #1: I eat one square of dark chocolate per day.  Studies have shown that eating one square per day can help an individual maintain his her cardiovascular health, and blah, blah, blah...Anyway, lots of people love dark chocolate; however, I am not all that fond of the taste (especially 90+% dark).

Randomness #2: When I was a very young child, I had a dream (on Thanksgiving night to boot) that I was being chased by people who had lost half their bodies (so chased by people without anything more than a head and chest area).  Lo and behold, without knowing anything about my dream, my nanny (yes, I was very young) handmade a doll/toy for me of a clown that had only half a body (no stomach, legs, etc.)...She presented this to me at Christmas as a gift.  Ayeek.

Randomness #3: When I was a young child (but not "very young" so about the 4th/5th grade), I received an indoor basketball set.  The ball was a sponge about 4 inches in diameter and the net hung on my closet door.  Well, I created a game in which I would control the ball by bouncing it up in the air with my hand.  I would use this technique to bounce the ball into the basket.  If the ball dropped on the ground, my team lost.  Of course,  I usually represented both teams, so I lost/won either way ;-). 

Randomness #4: Writing a blog entry which lists random things that I do/have done.

Randomness #5: The last time I was in Las Vegas, I walked the entire strip (and past the traditional strip sections) just to do it.  Of course, I am not sure what I gained by this action.   Actually, I tend to do a lot of walking when I am in Vegas.  I bet I walk 5-7 miles a day while there.

Randomness #6: Speaking of Vegas, how much more random can I be than when placing a bet on black or red on a computer simulated roulette table.

Randomness #7: As a child (see a theme?), I sometimes made a decision by flipping a coin.

Randomness #8: I have to wash some of my clothes today.

Randomness #9: When I was a youth (7th grade), I once caught a touchdown pass in P.E. class because it bounced off of someone else's shoulder.

Randomness #10: I just recently finished writing my first original article/post for Yahoo Voices (not sure how random that one is):  http://voices.yahoo.com/egg-cracking-contests-candy-childhood-easter-10968564.html  I also edited and posted the piece on my aunt and Facebook: http://voices.yahoo.com/why-deceased-aunt-might-liked-facebook-10955656.html

Randomness #11:  As a child, my room as a perpetual "mess."  







 1) What's your favorite place?
  
Las Vegas (physical location) my mind (metaphysical location)

2) If you had to marry a celebrity, who would it be?

Jokingly, I'm not really picky...Any female celebrity that would agree to give me 1/2 of her wealth   once the inevitable divorce occurs.  Actually, maybe Brittany Spears or Kim Kardashian--then I won't have to wait all that long to collect.  Seriously, I don't know if I would marry any celebrity.  Of course, I don't know much about them as actual people, so who knows...

3) Do you want a twin?


Hmm, given that any "twin" would be a cloned version of myself, probably not.  Though I don't know...perhaps a "mini-me" would be kind of cool...having to raise that twin, not so cool.

4) How long is your oldest friendship?

I would have to say the ones with my family--since I've known my Dad and sisters the longest. ;-)

5) What's your greatest achievement?

Being born within the last few decades.  Just think what life would have been like for me as some hunter gatherer type living, in say, 5000 B.C.  I would have been hungry often, sick even more often, and likely dead by now--killed by disease, a rival tribe, an unfortunate hunting accident, or some other calamity.  At the same time, I wouldn't be able to sample a variety of foods, including dark chocolate (haha), pizza, ice cream, etc.  Additionally, I wouldn't be able to play any fun games--well, pin the tell on the cave bear might be fun for a bit--until the bear ate me.

6) If you could only talk to one person for the rest of your life, who would it be?

Myself...I have the greatest of conversations with that person. ;-)

7) Socks and sandles- yes or no?

Socks yes, sandals no.

8) Choose your power: Mind reading or invisibility?

Invisibility of course...do you really want to know what someone else is thinking?

9) What's your method of transportation?

It depends on the situation.

10) Favorite book?

I really don't have one.

11) Facebook, twitter or neither? Why?

Neither, they are passe.  I yearn for something new.


Wow, that appears to be a long post.  I wonder if anyone will read it all.  Well, as the old saying goes, "We'll see."


 All clip art courtesy of Microsoft Office.

11 comments:

  1. i read it.

    nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart of you to change the last rule and safe yourself time! haha.. I like your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to read it L and Crowbloke, and Sujana...lol, and yes, I loved being able to use my authorial license to opt out of the question making process, lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This "game" is really picking up. Seeing it everywhere. Good job changing the rule :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your a funny guy. lol randomness # 9
    and the second part #5 had me "lol" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well with black or red it could also land on green, a coin has no green..haha..read too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, answers, man. I dig the parts about Vegas. Maybe because I want to go there so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, Vegas used to be one of my favorite places, but now for many reasons it's one of my least.

    If I could make a suggestion, please consider turning off word verification in your comments, it is highly annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can empathize with both views of Vegas (the like and dislike)--I usually like it less once I've lost all of my money, seen the same buildings for 5 days straight, or walk off the strip (most of the buildings off-strip are bland/of the same design). Nonetheless, it is exciting for the first few days, and I keep going back each year. :-)

    As for word verification, I can empathize with people who don't like it. I sometimes get frustrated with it as well, especially when I'm trying to type in a word for the 5th or 6th time. :-) With that said, I believe it represents the best option for my blog. If I didn't use any sort of screen, I would be inundated with SPAM. If I moderated comments, it might sometimes take days for me to get around to viewing them and getting them on the site. The time lag might become significant if/when I start working 50-60 hours weeks.

    So, until Google and others identify and use a better filtering technique (maybe biometric filters--that would be cool), I think I'll have to stick to using word verification. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great read, these 11 question tags certainly has been making rounds around blogger.

    ReplyDelete